Monday, May 26, 2008

Greetings!

This is the first post in what I hope will be an interesting read for all you fans and enthusiasts of music and sound recording.

As a musician, an audio gear-junkie and a professional guitar instructor, one of the biggest pleasures in my musical life is to create and perform my music. I studied audio recording in college, classical guitar too, music theory and recently released my own music on CD to the world on the Internet. My life for the past 20 years has been all about music.

In my years as an instructor though I have been very intrigued by learning methods displayed by my guitar students- which has lead me to do a lot of reading and practical application of what I have learned about the right and left brain interaction and interdependance in learning; not just music, but coordination, procedures and methods. Music exists on many levels, subtle and obvious at the same time; if you can appeal to both sides of the brain with music not only can it be learned more efficiently but your understanding and appreciation of it is vastly improved.

This is something I have deliberately composed into my own music and something I am very upfront with in dealing with over 50 one-on-one studnets each week. What I would like to do is to post my observations with this whole-brain music learning idea, open a discussion on the technical side of music and audio gear for the home enthusiast and practical ideas for the advancing musician and guitarist.

Thanks for taking the time to read my first entry, I'll be back soon with one of my favourite topics: "When Inspiration Meets Information"

No comments: